The Thanksgiving Debate: Ham vs Turkey

Everyone has a preference, but what do our HHS experts think?

Anna Valls, Staff Writer

What do you get when you cross a pig and a cactus? A porky-pine!

Ok, here’s another gut tickler for you. Why did the turkey cross the road? Because it was Thanksgiving day and he wanted people to think he was a chicken!

Every year in the month of November, citizens nationwide debate over which is better, turkey or ham.

“I prefer turkey because it can stand alone as a country,” replied freshman Hunter Shirts.

“Say, what do you get when you cross a ghost and a turkey? A poltergeist!” joked freshman Preston Dorbritz.

“Turkey, just turkey. I don’t have a joke, I am the joke,” stated sophomore Kathryn George.

See we have our turkey lovers in the world, but what about the folks who prefer…a porkier option.

“I honestly don’t even know the difference.” declared baffled freshman Sammy Duncan.

“Well my honest answer is ham, but it would take me a while to sit and think of something clever. So…let’s just keep it at ham!”– Established geometry teacher, Sheri Hopkins.

My own honest answer would be ham; turkey is the lesser poultry option to me. I’d rather just eat a sock if I wanted to consume something so…dry. But that’s just me.

As you can tell, everyone has their own preference. Whether it be ham or turkey, sometimes it’s neither. But whatever it is, you may choose, and I wish you and your family a happy Thanksgiving!