Valetine’s Day: A Day for Couples and Singles

The couples of Harleton High School celebrate Valentine's Day with sweet stories.

Fajardo+supports+Lejeune+at+school+play.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Fajardo supports Lejeune at school play.

Ashtyn Hawk, staff writer

When most people think of February, the thought of Valentine’s Day instantly runs through their mind. For some, the day is just another day, but for the ones in a relationship, the day is full of love and appreciation. Even if you aren’t in a relationship, you can always send love to your friends and the people around you.

While Harleton High School has many that are not in a relationship, there are a few couples that are going strong.

Junior Brody Metcalf is dating sophomore Preslie Lappin since December 25th, 2017. They have plans to go to dinner for their third Valentine’s Day together and will exchange gifts.

“I love that when she sets her mind to do something, she goes and out does it. Overall, my favorite thing is her personality.”

Lappin and Metcalf have been together for a little over three years.

“This might sound weird and I don’t know if anyone else notices it, but his face movements. He has all these quirks that he does and they honestly make my day!” Lappin added.

Sophomores Cameron Lejeune and Monica Fajardo have been an item since January 19th, 2018. These two don’t have any special plans for Valentine’s Day other than giving each other a cute gift!

“I really love her smile, and to just see her smile. Seeing her happy really makes me happy.”

“My favorite thing about him would be, if we are talking about physical traits, are his eyes. I love his eyes. The character trait would be that he isn’t afraid to express his opinions. It’s just something that I admire from him because I’m not a really outspoken person and having him around just calms me. I know he doesn’t care what people think of him and that’s a mentality that I need to build for myself.”

Even if you aren’t in a relationship, Valentine’s Day is a great day to show your appreciation for everyone. It’s a day to love on all of your people you hold close to your heart.