The 14 Year Journey to Becoming Principal

Take a look at Mrs. Brock's experience during her first year as principal.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Mrs. Crystal Brock poses proudly for the school yearbook.

“Strive to be a champion for all kids, not just the ones who are likable and want help, but also the ones who might resist your efforts. Believe with unwavering hope and faith that you can be a model to inspire others to do the same for all students.” – Jimmy Casas

Crystal Brock has been the high school principal for a little over one whole year now.

“My most memorable moment is simply being named as the high school principal. I am flattered that a group of people who have worked with me over the last 14 years believed in me enough to give me the opportunity to be the principal at my alma mater. This school and community invested so much into my education, and it is an honor to be able to give back,” quoted Brock.

All 14 years of her service were not spent in administration; she was also a English teacher for a while as well.

“I love my job. And my favorite part is the same as when I was a teacher; just building relationships with my students and watching them grow and learn,” she stated.

Surprisingly, Mrs. Brock has not always wanted to be a principal.

“I’ve always wanted to teach. I’ve known that since I was a kid. I was the kid that made my friends come over and be my students, that’s how much I loved the idea of being in the classroom. It wasn’t until my first principal told me I should go into administration. He said he could see something in me that would really thrive in that field. Up until that point, I always thought I would retire just being a teacher,” stated Crystal.

Racing against the clock, Brock always seems to learn something new and get the job done!

“The biggest thing I’ve learned this past year is time management. Knowing that your job is never finished and there is always another deadline to meet or another conference to hold,” she proudly testified.

Principal Brock poses with husband, Matt Brock.

The teachers love her and so do the students. Mrs. Brock has done a truly remarkable job as principal and we are looking forward to many more years under her supervision.