Evan Weese: Actor, Martial Artist, and Weatherman!

Hannah Wilson, Staff Writer

Digging deep into the depths of our high school, this week we took a look into one of our freshmen:  Evan Weese, who’s attended Harleton since kindergarten. If the name sounds familiar, it’s because Weese has been a part of more than 4 movies, including a TV series. Acting since he was 12 years old, Evan says that his favorite part of the show biz isn’t the money, but being able to meet new people. 

Most recently, Weese was in a TV Mini-Series called “Love, God &Tattoos.” It’s about a teenage girl who’s in a horrific accident and struggles to find God and survive the LA streets.  One of his favorite movies he was a part of is 3 Aprils in March, a short film produced in 2018 about 3 girls named April.  All  are in love with one boy named March.  Although acting is exciting, Evan wishes to become a meteorologist as a future career. 

Evan also practices TaeKwonDo, a modern Korean martial art. Since the age of 7, Weese has attended both private and group sessions. To complete a belt, a person must go through 2 months of training and then test. Belts include orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, red, brown, and then black. Once you complete all the ranks in these belts, a black belt will require you to complete 9 individual ranks within that belt alone. Evan has completed all belts and is a second degree black belt. 

It’s safe to say that Evan is one interesting student! We are so thankful to have people like him who make our school just a little more exciting!