Remembering Jamie Harper

Remembering Jamie Harper

Jamie Bellomy, Staff Writer

As some of you readers may have heard or seen, earlier this summer the tragic disappearance of Jamie Harper struck our small town of Harleton.  36-year-old Jamie Harper was reported missing on Thursday, June 18th, 2020.  Just recently, however, after two months of intense searching and dead-end hearsay leads, on August 21st she was found deceased in her 2007 white Volvo by workers near Highway 154.  It was determined that she was involved in a one-car crash that sadly ended her life.

Jamie grew up in Harleton and attended Harleton High School.  During her school years, she enjoyed participating in band and cheerleading, and was also a majorette.  She took advanced classes and graduated early.  Her mother, Renee Braudaway, says that Jamie always marched to the beat of her own drum and lived life to the fullest.  Jamie absolutely loved animals and was always bringing home puppies or kittens.  Her daughter and son have now moved to Lindale with their grandmother’s nephew and his wife and are adjusting pretty well, considering the circumstances.

Jamie’s funeral was held on Saturday, August 29th, 2020. Her mother and family, along with many members of the community, are still grieving the loss of Jamie’s beautiful life. She will always be remembered as the joyful care-free woman she was and all that she stood for.