What to Watch on Netflix

Stranger Things

Stranger Things

Blair Cornelius, Staff Writer

Watching Netflix is a popular pastime among all ages. However, finding a show or movie that will keep your interest out of thousands of selections can be challenging. We all know the hours upon hours we spend searching for the perfect show or movie.

One of the viewers’ personal favorites is suspenseful show Stranger Things. The disappearance of Will Byers starts off season 1 while his family, friends, and local authorities search for the young boy. Every episode of this series contains a plot that will definitely keep you on the edge of your seat. This thrilling series consists of two seasons, with the third coming out sometime in 2019.

Sophomore Stacey Morgan enjoys the Netflix series Vampire Diaries. Morgan’s brother recommended the Netflix series about the life of a 17-year old, Elena Gilbert, who falls in love with a vampire named Stefan Salvatore and his brother Damon Salvatore.

“As the show went on, it got even better,” Morgan said.

Freshman Lucas McLemore named Friends as one of his favorite series because he finds comedies easy to relate to. Friends is about six 20-year-olds living in New York City. Over ten years these friends go through family, love, drama, friendship, and comedy.

“People have said I’m like Ross before because they think I’m smart like him,” McLemore said. 

Netflix also has some popular movies to offer. Black Panther, To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, and The Kissing Booth are all new and popular on Netflix.

Black Panther is a newly released movie about the African nation Wakanda. T’Challa, Wakanda’s king, is forced to gather his allies and leads his people through a conflict to defeat a powerful enemy.

English teacher Elizabeth Ward named Black Panther as one of her top movies this year.  She said, “I loved everything about the movie and the soundtrack is one of the best I’ve heard.”

Another frequently watched movie is To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. This romantic comedy is about a teenage girl whose life is turned upside down when her love letters that were not meant to be received get mailed to her childhood crushes.

The Kissing Booth is about a teenage girl who signs up to run a kissing booth that leads her to a long-term crush. Tension starts to rise when the girls life-long best friend finds out her crush is his brother.

The next time you find yourself scrolling through the endless options on Netflix, consider some of these shows and movies that are all worth watching.