Seniors attend Boo Hoo Bash

Seniors reflect on their final year at HHS

Jaycee Granbery

Trent Weese plans on attending Rice.

Shelbi Hebert and Jaycee Granbery

On October 2nd, Harleton High School held an event for the class of 2019 known as the BooHoo Bash. The annual event is a chance for seniors and their parents to meet and discuss college tours, college applications, and Free Application For Student Financial Aid, better known as FASFA. Representatives from Kilgore College, Tyler Junior College, and East Texas Baptist University set up tables with information about their programs for interested students. The Navy and Marines were also in attendance to give out information.

Assistant Principal Adam Chandler was pleased with the turnout,  “It was a great time for parents and students to ask questions.”

Senior Heather McGill has already been accepted into Texas A&M University. While life after high school is scary for most, McGill expressed her excitement for the future, “After high school, I plan on going to college to study nursing, so I can become a traveling nurse after two years of school.”

Senior Braden West is also ready for life after high school, “ I plan on attending Mary Hardin Baylor to major in finance; then after I graduate, I plan on interning at my uncle’s financial advising company.”

Senior Trent Weese is aware of the hardships ahead. 

“I think life after high school will be tough because I’m on my own and my parents won’t be there to take care of me but I also think it’ll be more fun because I’ll have more freedom to do what I want.”  

West agreed adding, “I think it will harder because I will be on my own and have to be independent.”

For the seniors, this year time is flying by and some students are already reflecting on their past four years. When we asked McGill to describe her senior year so far this year she said, “Perseverance, exciting, and memorable.”

Weese replied, “Tough, quick, and memorable.”

Shelbi Hebert
Braden West excited for future.